Monday, April 21, 2008

Waiting to Hear...

Worrying is like a rocking chair:
it gives you something to do,
but it gets you nowhere. ~ Glenn Turner


I'm on pins and needles these days, waiting for the phone to ring.

Way back in January, I applied for a position as the volunteer coordinator for our city library. I didn't hear anything for quite some time, then one day got a call to come in for an interview. Then a few weeks later, I got a call to come for a second interview. Last week, after a few more weeks had gone by, I got called again.

Turns out, there were seventy applicants for this position, which is why the winnowing process has taken so long. I've made it into the final four. Yep, I'm really proud of that fact, regardless of the outcome!

At last week's meeting, I was given a tour of the library and its branch here in my neighborhood (who knew both places were so big??) They also took me to lunch. That gave me the chance to ask questions and get to know the woman who supervises this position. She's a great gal: funny, bright, articulate, and very warm. I'd love to be part of her team, and told her so.

Now the waiting begins.

Through all of this, I've kept the attitude that if this is meant to be, it will happen. I've built a life I love since I stopped working in November 2006. I do volunteer work, I quilt, I take classes and participate in a book club. My life is full and I'm blessed to be in a situation where I don't need to work, thanks to my very dear husband. But when I saw the job announcement for the volunteer coordinator, it just felt right -- and that feeling grows stronger with each interview.

So, send up a little prayer or positive thought for me, if you would. I'll be at peace no matter their decision, but I sure would like the opportunity to dig in and give that position my all!


Until next time...

13 comments:

RunningNan said...

My fingers and toes are all crossed for you! They would be extremely lucky to have you! I can't wait to find out!

Kathy said...

I'm a big believer in "if it's meant to be" ,as well. Good Luck!

HappyBlogChick said...

Ugh, waiting is SO unpleasant, eh?

I am sending you lots of happy thoughts and wishing good things for you!

Needle, Thimble and Thread said...

Crossing my fingers for you out here in Ohio. Keep us posted. Good Luck!

Grumpy Chair said...

I'm sending good vibes your way.

jovaliquilts said...

Good luck!! My fingers are crossed for you. :)

Diana Swallow said...

I'm sending good thoughts your way Pattie!!

jillytacy said...

I also agree what is meant to be is meant to be, but sometimes you just want to make something happen! Top 4 of 70 is definitely something to be proud of! I hope it all works out. It sounds like it's a perfect opportunity for you. Good luck!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

oh, that sounds like a wonderful job! Um, what's the address and the nice woman's name? LOL Just kidding! Fingers and toes crossed for you!

Ready Maid said...

I can't think of anything you seem more suited for. The way you encourage all of us makes you a natural to encourage volunteers. I'll hold good thoughts for you!

Anonymous said...

I'll have my fingers crossed for you until we hear.

Fairy Princess said...

Good luck chica!!! We are all pulling for you!

Hanlie said...

Oh I know you would give it your all and be great at it! I'm definitely sending a positive thought up for you!