Thursday, January 17, 2008

A New Year... A New Beginning

Well, I've done it. I've started a Blog, to add to those of over a million of my closest friends. :-)

It's a new year and a time for fresh starts. 2007 was, for me, a year of failed expectations and broken promises made to myself. I failed - mostly myself - on a number of levels. But boy, did I learn from all that happened!

I've learned that keeping weight off doesn't just happen. It takes hard work and commitment, just like it did to take it off in the first place. So I'm back to square one, again.

I've learned that I don't have a product to sell, so I really don't have a business. That's ok, because I've also learned that I don't have an entrepreneurial bone in my body!

I've learned to quilt and create a web page, to garden in the California sunshine and to bake bread, and I know that I have much more to learn about each of them.

But perhaps the biggest thing I've learned is that it's still all about attitude. My attitude hurt me many times in this past year, but in the end, being positive about all that life holds has saved me once again.

So here's to a healthy, happy 2008 -- full of new learning opportunities and more chances to make good choices.

Until next time...

Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew. ~ St. Francis de Sales

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pattie rocks! Can't wait to read more, learn more. Selah!