Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pattie Needs...

It is far more impressive when others discover
your good qualities without your help. ~ Miss Manners

I think I hit a nerve with my post about ta-tas on display. Thank you for the insightful, and in some cases hysterical, comments that you made! It seems we all agree: less is more. While a little cleavage showing can be a lovely thing, too much is just uncomfortable for all who are viewing -- except for the guys who see it, I guess. But then I have to wonder about the message that's being sent to those men.

Oh well, I'm not the morality police -- and I don't want to come off that way. I have no control over fashion and what people chose to wear. I'll just have to learn to keep my eyes closed when I'm getting my hair done!

* * * * *


On a sillier note... I pulled this little piece from Hootin' Anni's post today. Her list peaked my curiosity, so I wanted to try it. Please play along, if you feel like it. The results were kinda funny!

The rules: All you have to do is Google your first name with the word 'needs' behind it, and post the first 10 results. Here's what Google listed, although I had to use the second page to come up with ten:


Pattie needs to go back to law school and finish getting her degree (What if never started one??)

Pattie needs water (Can't argue with that one.)

Pattie needs a job (I have one: domestic goddess.)

Pattie needs a new background (Oh no: they found out about my mob connections!)

Pattie needs our prayers ( Always. No joke.)

Patti needs a man! (Got a good one: thanks so much.)

Pattie needs a copy of our insurance (Did you back into my car again??)

Pattie needs sweatpants (C'mon - it's WAY too hot for sweatpants!)

Pattie needs to be a guest judge on ANTM with Twiggy, her compatriot and friend (Somebody's been reading my diary. How else could they have learned about me and Twiggy, BFF??)


Now, I have to tell you what Pattie really needs...

Ahhhh! Wouldn't that feel nice? I'd be grinning like that kitty too, if someone would rub my back!

Hope you're having a great weekend!


Until next time...

19 comments:

Manuela said...

I googled it but I have to tell you that since my name is Spanish (or Italian) I got some really weird stuff and don't know if I could go through with this!

I'll have to look it over again when I'm more awake and maybe do it as a post next week.

(here is one: Manuela needs to turn 47 more or gain 1166 more Vampire points to reach the next level.) I didn't even want to click on this to see what it means! I'm assuming some kind of game? I hope?

Brightcetera said...

What a hoot, Pattie! I'm a mess!

Diana Swallow said...

I'm still laughing at your tata's thread. You know I worked at one company where the receptionist were having cleavage wars....or at least thats what everyone else called it...tata's on display will probably never go away.

I'm going to see what Diana needs.

Have you seen all of the quilts Dooce posted on her blog? I thought of you.

Diana Swallow said...

Oh I just played Diana needs on my blog :-)

Diana Swallow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Im in for the massage as well (and always good for a few prayers)


M.

Kathy said...

Just watchin' a three-parter Law and Order rerun cause the Hub is gone fishing, so what the heck...I'm gonna go do "the Google"!

Donna Gotlib said...

What a fun game! You always have such great posts. I'm going to play now.

Cookie

Brightcetera said...

Oh, my ears were ringing this morning!!
What an angelic voice you have!
Thanks for the birthday wishes, Pattie! and for the sweetness of your compliment :0)

Needled Mom said...

Gotta try that one and see what comes up. Too funny.

Cute image of the kitty too.

Have a great weekend.

lahodges said...

Okay, this is too funny not to play:

Leslie needs a vacation. (well duh)
Leslie needs a fat reality check. (hmmm, maybe. lol)
Leslie needs a home (No, I'll keep mine, thanks)
Leslie needs help. (like that was ever in doubt)
Leslie need to bare a little more.(don't think so, see ta ta post, lol)
Leslie needs only to win the Twin Cities Marathon in Minneapolis, Minnesota. (I didn't know I was entered)
Leslie needs to learn to stop trying to do everything at once. (Well, yes, that's true. I'm a chronic Multi-tasker)
Leslie needs to be slapped. (No, don't think so...)
Leslie needs all our love and support. (yes, yes I do.)

Anonymous said...

Discouraged Here:

I am usually a pretty positive person but life had been throwing me a lot of hard balls. I have found myself sleeping my days away because sleep is a quick escape from reality. But why is it that when I awaken, everything is the same as before I fell asleep?
I could more on to use sex, drugs or rock n roll for my next devision. But that doesn't seem to be the answer either.
I guess the answer is stand up to the plate and try to hit at least a ground ball.
Debby

Becky said...

OK - I played the game and here is the post: http://iwasthinking-huskerbeck.blogspot.com/2008/08/something-fun-from-pattie.html

Big fun!! The first one was not very nice, so I didn't count it :)

thanks for making me laugh, Pattie
~Becky

Kathy said...

I had a blast doing the list! Thanks for the idea.

jillytacy said...

Very cute! I laughed!

Deborah said...

I laughed all through this one. Thanks for the fun.

new*me said...

that is sooooooo cute!! My 6 yr old son thinks so too!

JC said...

Pattie, This is great. How funny. I'll have to do this and post it when my vacation posts are done. Thanks for the idea. I must go visit Hootin Annie. I don't think I have met her. Blessing, JC

Lady Downsize! said...

The Google was funny, but I have to wonder results for 7 and 8:
7.Sheri needs more data, or needs to hope for a larger effect size.
8. Sheri needs a prosthesis that can keep up with her.

Now what on earth could that mean? A friend who knows I'm single had a suggestion for what that could mean in an adult world. LOL I don't think so!