Monday, June 9, 2008

You Go, Girl!


Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples,
don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. ~Bill Meyer


Well folks, Deborah over at A Mountain of Weight to Lose has thrown down the gauntlet! She's the first to complete a fabulous post about the ways attitude makes a difference when trying to get healthy. She's come up with a clever way to work it around the term ADHD.

And she knows what she's talking about. Check out her weight loss stats and see how far she's come. You're doing a great job, Deborah. YOU GO, GIRL! -- and thanks for entering the Summer Blog Party contest.

Who's next? :-) For details, click here.

* * * * *

I also want to offer a YOU GO, GIRL! to my three stepdaughters. Each of them have made strides recently to move forward with their lives, either personally or professionally (or both.) The oldest will be moving out of our home and to a city five hours north of here on the 21st of this month. She's the last girl living at home... I'm feeling a case of empty-nest coming on! Katie, Lizzie, Megan: I am so happy for all you're doing, and am incredibly proud to be your stepmom!

* * * * *

Last, but far from least, a YOU GO, GIRL! to my sister Marilyn, who recently graduated as a Master Gardener in Salt Lake City. Not only did she pass the final exam, she aced it! Now she's working on getting in the required number of volunteer hours so she can become certified. She took her initial inspiration from my work at becoming a Master Gardener here in southern California, but she's far exceeded her little sister - and I'm so proud of her!


What about you? Is there a woman in your life today to whom you'd like to say YOU GO, GIRL! Life is too short: give them a shout out today!


Until next time...

8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

There are so many wonderful "Go Girls" that I know of in my life. This was a great post to acknowledge those that you wrote about.

Yeah....another Master Gardener. You two will have fun chatting about the great outdoors.

See ya tomorrow.

Midlife Mom said...

Hey, where are you two going tomorrow?! I want to go too!! I bet it's the guild!

Congrats to all of your Go Girls!

Anonymous said...

Thanks EMA diddy!!! OXOXOXO

Manuela said...

Oh, a Master Gardener program? I may have to check into something like that.

I love the idea for you blog party and look forward to reading some of the entries. Who knows, I may use some of my English degree afterall and write a little something myself! ;)

RunningNan said...

Whoo hoo! I'm going to use the post I wrote last week about my whole new life. I was feeling very good that day!

No empty nesting.... I'll bring the dog up for you on a night that she doesn't sleep... you'll soon regret saying empty nest! ha ha.

Lynn said...

Congratz to your go-girls! And I know you go girl, yourself!

Irish Mom said...

Awesome idea!! Everyone deserves to be a you go girl!! I have lots of them in my life!!

Terry said...

Hi Pattie, I wanted to let you know that I entered your challenge and I wrote up a post on my blog. This was not an easy task that you asked us to do. It took a lot of thought. I guess that is why they call it a challenge. Terry