Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Where Does The Time Go?

Methinks I see the wanton hours flee,
And as they pass, turn back and laugh at me.
~ George Villiers


Has it truly been a year and a half since I posted last?? How is it possible that this much time has gone by, in the blink of an eye?

Much has happened since I last wrote... my middle daughter got married; hubby and I celebrated our ten year anniversary; my stepson graduated from high school and started at our local junior college; my oldest daughter got engaged (and her wedding is this weekend. Egad!); and my youngest daughter will bless us with our first grandchild next month. I've thrown more bridal showers and baby showers in the past 18 months than I can shake a stick at!

In between the big events, many books have been read, a couple of quilts have been created (that's my grandson's quilt in the photo above) and a few aches and pains from being another year older have settled in. I also became the president of my local branch of AAUW, which keeps me busier than a one-armed paper-hanger!

Life is sweet these days, but I find that I still must remind myself that attitude changes everything. Even when I'm surrounded by so many happy things, I have to tell myself to focus on the good stuff. I went through a down period a few months back where I had to literally tell myself, "Choose to be happy, Pattie!" For some of us, it's just easier to focus on what's missing, on the negative.

If you happen to be one of those people, here's your wakeup call: life is slipping through our fingers! Take time right this minute and list all that's good and positive in your life. For me, it's babies and weddings and being creative and busy. It's giving and receiving love to family and friends. It's being blessed in more ways than I can begin to count.

How about you? What's right in your life?


Until next time (which will be sooner than 18 months - I promise, Leslie!)...

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Well, well, well...wonders never cease!!! Welcome back. You have been missed - in the blogging world and at guild meetings. It does sound like you have been busy for the last year and a half.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Kathy said...

I am thrilled to see that you are blogging again! I always enjoyed your positive attitude and found your blog inspiring. I hope you will find the time to continue blogging on at least a semi-regular basis! And thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.

Manuela said...

Ah Pattie--how nice to see your smiling face and comment on my blog!

I've been happy to keep up with you on facebook but it is so nice to see a post from you :)

I'm not the frequent blogger I used to be but it is nice to post every now and then and keep up with a few familiar "friends"!

Lora said...

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

You have no idea how often I have thought of you and wondered what happened! I even sent you a few emails to see if you were okay! I really thought something had happened to you! I was even looking for you snail mail address on my PC (from when you won the stop watch) so I could write you and make sure you were still alive!I'm so glad you're okay!